Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wonderful 'Horsey' Book




Monday I had jury selection all day. I grabbed a book last minute as I ran out the door. The book I chose is called Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards. I had picked this book up at Books A Million a few months earlier when I lived in Jacksonville, NC. Since I was reading the rest of Harry Potter collection and the Twilight Saga, I hadn't had a chance to start it yet. Monday was my chance.

This book is great. The equine version of Marley and Me and Dewey. I highly recommend it to anyone, but especially to the horse people! It is a memoir about a woman in her 40s who adopts a starved and sick Standardbred mare. She nurses her back to health, and the mare also heals Ms. Richards. Lay Me Down teaches Susan to love and live again, dealing with her horrible past. She learns to trust again.



There is now also a sequel called Chosen Forever that was just released in May. I will be buying it as soon as I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment